• The denomination of Luxor as the city of a thousand doors is attributed to the number of temple entrances in the city.
• Luxor means "the city of palaces." It was named like this by the Arabs thanks to the abundance of this type of pharaonic palaces.
• The city of Luxor is located in Upper Egypt, about 700 km from the capital and almost 250 km from the first Upper Egypt waterfall.
• The current Luxor was built on ancient Thebes, the third capital in Egypt, was the capital of the Empire from the IV dynasty 1500 BC. The first capital of Egypt was Memphis and the second; Alexandria
• Luxor is considered the most monumental city as it has a third of the world's monuments.
• The Nile River divides the city of Luxor into two banks: eastern and western. According to the ancient Egyptians, dawn is associated with the birth of new life, so they built the sanctuaries where they performed their daily rituals instead they built their funeral temples and tombs on the western shore where the sun related to death sets, according to their thought.
"Main sightseeing of Luxor"
On the eastern bank :
The Karanak Temples
The Luxor Temple
The Luxor Museum
The Mummification Museum
The western ank includes:
The Valley of the Kings
Colossi of Memnon
Valley of the Queens
Deir The Medina
Valley of the Nobles
Activities not to be missed in Luxor
Ballon excursion to enjoy the sunrise
If you want a guided trips to visit all the sightseeing in Luxor you can check our Day trips in Luxor
Faluca is the most famous sailing ship in Egypt
Travel to Egypt is safe and tips to avoid the Corona virusAccording to WHO, Egypt is one of the few countries that best dealing with theMore...