• It is the current capital of Egypt and one of the most crowded cities in Africa and the Middle East. It is called "the city of a thousand minarets" for the abundance of its mosques, whose main component is the minaret "prayer Tower".
• The Cairo denomination "El Kahirah" means the victorious. Its origin dates back to the Fatimid conquest and the fact of been selected as capital.
• Cairo was built by Fatimi Sultan Gohar Al Sekeli in 669 A.D.
• we could divide Cairo into three sections: Old Cairo, Islamic Cairo and Modern Cairo.
• The main sightseeings are The Egyptian Museum, The Citadel of Saladin and the Alabaster Mosque, The Coptic District and The Khan El Khalili Market.
• Don't miss a walk through the most important mosques in Cairo marked by the brilliant Islamic architecture in mosques like The Mosque of Sultan Hassan, The Mosque of Amr Ibn AL-aas, The Mosque of Ibn Tulun and the Mosque of Al Rifaai
Although Cairo has one of the most chaotic traffic in the country, car accidents are not very frequent. It would be very curious to discover this town!
What should I do in Cairo?
The pyramidal necropolis of Dahshur belongs to the funerary complex of the ancient capital of the ofMore...